RENEGADE ART SOCIETY
The Renegade Art Society DifferenceWe're an independent tattoo studio in the Melbourne inner northern suburb of Moonee Ponds.
Established in early 2015, Renegade Art Society (formally Sullen Tattoo HQ) is a modern studio represented by a hand-picked and diverse assortment of artists. All share the same common passion for art and tattoos. The studio offers a one-to-one experience in relaxed surroundings and is quickly becoming a much loved part of the community. If you're looking to get your first tattoo or you want to add to your existing ink, one of the Renegade Art Society team members is sure to be the perfect fit, regardless of your chosen and preferred style.
We specialise in custom designs as well cover up work. If you've been thinking about getting a tattoo for a while and need a bit of creative input, or if you've fallen out of love with your existing ink - we can help!
Appointment ProcessTo help the tattooist understand your idea it's always best to have a consultation with our artist prior to getting your tattoo. Consultations are free of charge and no appointment is necessary.
If you have researched your tattoo idea and already have some reference materials, bring them to the studio to show us, or email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A visual reference helps both the client and artist to fully understand the requirements of the job and will allow our team to discuss all of the elements and provide their creative recommendations.
Private Appointments are available - Call 03 9326 1267 for details.
Deposits, Rates & DesignsA deposit paid prior to your first sitting ensures the appointment is secured. We work closely and continuously with the client to ensure they are 100% satisfied with their tattoo design prior to the tattoo being done. Appointments are made in person with a non-refundable 50% deposit paid at the time of the booking. We require notice if you wish to make changes to your appointment date or time no later than 48 hours before your appointment time.
Our hourly rate is $165 per hour. Our minimum charge is $150 per sitting.
It is against the law to tattoo a person under the age of 18. Please do not be offended if we ask you for I.D. when booking an appointment.
Gift VouchersLooking for a special present that lasts longer than that dodgy knitted jumper or the bottle of booze you were thinking about buying? Renegade Art Society Gift Vouchers, available in store only, are an ideal gift.
Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase, can be used for Piercings, Clothing or towards the cost of a tattoo. Vouchers are available in any amount above the value of $50.00.
Contact us for more info!
Aftercare - Caring for your new tattoo.
- Rinse your tattoo twice daily with warm soapy water, avoiding perfumed soaps and shower gels for a week or two after having your tattoo -
- When drying your tattoo remember to pat the area gently, avoiding rubbing and harsh drying -
- Tattoos can be itchy so avoid scratching them instead if you must relieve the irritation, try gently patting the area -
- NEVER pick or scratch your tattoo. Using clean hands, we recommend applying Redemption Aftercare in conjunction with Numbskulled Tattoo Soap (available at the studio) to your tattoo and the surrounding area. If you do this regularly you will find that very little scabs develop and itching is kept to a minimum -
- Avoid direct sun, chlorinated pools, saunas, sun beds, prolonged soaking, scratching or picking and clothing that may stick or rub -
Looking after your new tattoo is extremely important and with the right aftercare you should have no problems! If you follow our advice you will ensure a clean, safe, infection free tattoo.